Fashion Tip Of The Week:-
I hear it all the time. “I can’t find anything, i have looked around the whole city and still can’t find what I want”.
“There’s nothing out there for me”. “I just can’t seem to find a shop that has what I am looking for.”
Are these statements familiar to you? It is true! It seems to be that there are so many little fashion stores closing down these days. I have counted 5 that I know of around my area. And this is very sad. There are a lot of reasons for this.
I’ll share just a few with you.
- Lack of customers in their area
- On line sales
- The word isn’t getting out
- Their prices may be too high. and the list goes on.
Online shopping is great, but there’s nothing like the experience of going into a lovely boutique and purchasing a beautiful outfit. Trying a dress on and knowing what you’re getting is valuable. It seems the older a woman gets , the more she is likely to shop this way.
There are a few reasons for this.
Apart from the fact that it’s a much more personal experience, she can also see how the item fits. It can be very disheartening to accept delivery, along with the excitement and anticipation of her purchase, only to have to send it back because it’s the wrong colour or size and so on .
Below are just a couple of tips that will help you find those lovely little stores around you.
- Google. But don’t just look at the front page. Most little stores can be on page 4 or 5. This is due to google paid ADs, that can be quite costly for the retailer, so the organic sites are pushed to the back. Google stores in your area and surrounding areas of your city.
- Ask around. “If you don’t ask, you don’t get”, my mother always taught me. There is always someone with great connections to amazing places.
- The local paper is great.
- If you have a smart phone just ask Siri. She should be able to direct you to where you want to go. Who would think it. Such is technology.
So ladies you must go searching. We are definitely out there. Small business is essential. Keep us in mind.
Look out for your next Blog-Fashion Tip of The Week.
Happy Shopping ladies.